cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
melajoey
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Bad Black

HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Would anyone have any idea's about why I would get perfect tests on all color's including Black but when I print a photo the black is very bad.  In the anywhere there is black used I get a little over a 1/4 inch with good black then a band of maybe half tone black through the whole photo.  I have also tried printing from my MAC, same thing.  I just put a main board in the printer, same thing.  This all happens with the color setting on the printer set to True Black.  If I can't use True Black I get a green tone to everything and go thru a lot of color ink.

Please help!

I have tried everything I can think of.

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
D Hook
Level 7
874 821 36 101
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My experience with the 500 model is that it doesn't print photos very well, even on Best.  Compared to other models. 

What kind of paper are you using?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
melajoey
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using semi gloss but  I have tried all paper types on that paper. Same problem. Glossy and Poster both mix colors for black and all others get the banding.

D Hook
Level 7
874 821 36 101
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would try a new printhead next, since it starts out (1st quarter inch you said) then begins the banding.

I would also try printing that same photo on a different computer and another printer to see if your source material is causing an issue.

melajoey
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have printed using a different printer and it does the same thing.  I have also printed the photos to one of my laserjet printers and the photo is fine.  One othe thing that is strainge,  on test pattern "A" all the colors, including Black are perfect.  The next thing I plan on trying is to use a Jetdirect card insted of a USB conection.

Joe

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation