cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
user7483
Level 1
6 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Banding

HP Recommended
Designjet T1200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just acquired this Designjet T1200 printer and initially it was printing fine but it has started this wierd banding behavior. I am printing a series of photos on one sheet of paper and the first two photos are either banded or completely black while the final photo is always fine.  Can anyone help me diagnose and fix the problem. It happens on all types of paper.st two images banded and printed black while final image always prints finest two images banded and printed black while final image always prints fineClose-up of banding before transitioning to blackClose-up of banding before transitioning to blackDSCN0405.JPG

1 REPLY 1
mapbrix
Level 2
11 6 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi user7483

In the absence of any knowlegeable or educated guesses as to a solution, have you considered changes to the spooler settings?   This is in the Printer properties dialog under Advanced tag.    Whilst the ouput from your machine may make my suggestion not an obvious one, it just might be that your machine is pushing more data than the plotter can cope with, but catches up between image breaks?

Were the files you printed previously the same sort of size or smaller?   If the same, then perhaps my proposal here is unlikely to be the issue.   Whatever the outcome, good luck.   I hope you will update the forum when resolved.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation