cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Tomson1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Big sountd from Carriage unit

HP Recommended
HP Designjet L26500

Big sound from carriage unit while moving from left to right side before entering to print head cleaning unit.

Error 86:01

5 REPLIES 5
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probably a belt issue. Turn the power off and open the cleaner door on the right and move the tray by hand out. Open the top cover to gain access to the carriage path and move the carriage by hand using the belt from right to left and left to right and there is probably an area where the movement is impeded. Usually that is a part of the belt that is coming apart. Also use a flashlight to look to the left where the motor shaft is located or to the right where the pulley is located to see if debris or part of the belt is wraped aboud one or the other causing movement issues. Also check the rails to see if very dry since there should be some lubrication. Only use synthetic lubricants.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tomson1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt SOL actuator  may touching wrongly to the carriage unit.If I keep carriage unit at the center then switch on the machine. carriage unit moves center to right no sound.when it goes from right to left  and comeback it makes  big sound and stops before entering in the cleaning unit.How can i solve this problem.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggested you move the carriage by hand with the power off. Did you? What were the results.

Tomson1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I did , there were no sound.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There will not be any sound. I am trying to have you see if the movement is impeded when you do it by hand. When the plotter moves the carriage it uses the motor and belt. If there is someting that impedes the movement then the motor has to work harder and can make noise. That noise will only occur when the printer is running. When you move the carriage with no power use the belt and move it to simulate the motor doing it. The action should be smooth and consistant from side to side. If it is not, then that is probably your issue and you need to study where the consistency changes and what may be causing it. It could be as simple as lack of lubrication and could be something more serious as a bad belt, motor or obstruction with the tube/trailing cable. Also keep in mind the carriage moves on 2 rails. One big rail in the center and a smaller rail in the rear of the carriage. If lubrication is the issue you need to lubricate both rails and only use synthetic lubricant.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation