cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Heiko_S
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Blue Screen T520-24

HP Recommended
Designjet T520-24
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Hello!

I've a problem with my T520 (after only printing about 50 papers in 3 years): I only see the blue screen with error code B3353868. Reset doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Heiko

5 REPLIES 5
MuthuSarkan
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 24
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try isolating the printer, remove inks, printhead, connectivity cables, another power outlet and then turn the printer on.

If you still have the problem, please replace the Main PCA and Encrypted Kit (P/N: CQ891-67019)

PartSurfer: http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=CQ891-67019

It is my understanding that the new Main PCA should come with the USB with the FW. Make sure it is there before installing the new main PCA.

If problems with the FW, will not recommend you to use the old USB with the firmware again.

Regards

Muthu

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Most times the issue is a bad firmware usb thumb drive mounted on the main board. They are available from hp parts for 25.00 which is the way I would first go since it is a lot cheaper then the main board which comes with the same drive.  The part number is CQ890-67105.

Just go to the link below and put the part number in to order.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=

Do a google search for the service manual and you have to remove the main pca board and on the back side is where the drive is mounted. If the drive does not work, then the complete main pca will have to be replaced as new pca's come with the drive all ready installed."

Heiko_S
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got the wrong part today 😞

Ordered QC890-67105 for the cheap version first, but received CQ890-60279 (looks like an USB-stick).

So have still to wait for a try...

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

original.jpg

The part is like a usb drive as it is what contains the firmware (os) of the plotter. You have to remove the formatter, turn it over and you will see this part. The new part may or may not have the little screw but just remove the screw and slide the usb drive out and insert the part you got.

Heiko_S
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the packing list it shows the correct part number but inside the parcel was a wrong item. So I have to wait. Hope, they will react immediately.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation