Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet z3200ps Photo
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

While print posters we ran had the issue of anything blue, mainly text boxes, would start to turn a light purple after a random amount of time. Sometimes it would be very close to the start and sometimes it would be halfway through. We had the printer clean itself multiple time and it would work once or twice and then crap out again. We also tried manually cleaning the printer heads and that worked awhile too. Is there a more permanent solution to this problem?

I have attached photos of the problem to help out.

Printer test 1.jpgPrinter test 2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

How old are the printheads and what sort of ink are you using?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

We are using DesignJet 70 and 73 printheads that are no more then a week old. Whenever we run into this problem we tend to clean the printheads and if that fails we just replace them, so they are never that old.

HP Recommended

I think Repairatrooper was wondering if you're using HP ink or aftermarket ink.  (Excuse me if I'm incorrect.)  Some of the aftermarket inks can be pretty hard on printheads.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

We use HP ink, nothing in our printer is aftermarket. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.