cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
nana4five
Level 1
6 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Bought double HP 61 and one cartridge works and the other doesn't

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently (two weeks ago) bought a double pack of HP 61 printer cartridge. One of the cartridges worked and the other one does not. The one that doesnt, a screen pops up and says that it detects an unknown fake cartridge and will not load. They were bought together and the cartridge even says HP 61, the box and all.

What can I do? These are not cheap.

Thanks! Lori

3 REPLIES 3
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 5,034 314 468
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nana4five ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
nana4five
Author
Level 1
6 3 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No this did not help.

Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 5,034 314 468
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nana4five ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options".

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation