cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
wynnski
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can a Z3200 be set up to produce contract proofs for submissions to offset printers?

HP Recommended
Z3200
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I had some of our carton art printed on an Epson 9000 and I'm trying to match the output on out Z3200. I have epson proofing paper loaded and I've run a calibration for that paper. It's coming out over saturated.

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is hard to match those Epson pro colors, since Epson has much better inks & colors .

I have 2 Z3200ps & 2 Z3100Ps 44" , But I have been printing the most beautiful giclee prints of still life flower & fruit paintings & no other printers could ever match. Except my friend's Epson Pro 98000 does not need varnish coating protection & myseld apply coating for all. I am too worry color fadings.

I guess for offset printers, You can try to convert the image file to adobe CMYK....  then when you print it out & use the same adobe CMYK icc profile near the bottom.

Myself use lots of matt canvas & HP artist matt canvas icc profile yields much better colors & sharpness . My customers were very happy with results.  except for skin tone has little too red & I must less 15% magenta.

Print out small image & experiment with different Z3200 icc profiles, in order to find the most & best match.

Good luck.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation