cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Erik73
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can not verify date and time

HP Recommended
HP designjet t795

while setting up the printer an error number ( 36 ) occures although i have set date,time and timezone several times , I can not finish the " connectivity wizard program " 

I have also tried to restart the printer .

What to do ?

1 REPLY 1
Giridhar1
Level 1
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Error 36

Problem Description: Error 36 and Date & time is not storing

The possible cause could be: Formatter board CIMO battery may weak

Corrective Action:
1. Due to Formatter Board CIMOs mattery may be weak due to device is not storing the Date and time.
2. Device is stored fales information and its not clearing.
To clear it need to perfrom Hard disk recovery and reflash latest firmware.
Steps to Hard disk recovery
Enter in to Diagnostic mode
A. Make sure the product is switched off with the Power key on the side of the Touch Screen Panel, and not
with the power switch on the back of the product.
B. Press and release the Power key to switch on the product.
C. Wait for about 10 seconds until the 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel have come on and then press and
release one after another Cancel> Home> Help buttons.
NOTE: Do not push the icons all at the same time, push each one in the order shown above and release
each icon before pressing on the next icon.
D. The 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel will then blink 4 times; then wait until the product completes the
initialization sequence and shows the Diagnostics menu.
E. In the Diagnostics menu scroll up and down sliding the finger vertically on the Touch Control Panel and
press on the desired option.

Diagnostic Mode> Hard Disk Recovery > Select OK.
Device will reboot and perfrom hard disk Recovery.

3. After Hard Disk Recovery need to update latest Firmware & check

you get the latest firmware from following link. if your plotter is having IG_06_00_00.2 or later version you can downlaod Latest version and update.
if plotter is having lower then the IG_06_00_00.2 then we need to update IG_06_00_00.2 then update latest version.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t795-printer/6996003

If still issue having issue with date & time need to repalce Formatter Board.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation