cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
OtieAtkins
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can't download Software for my new printer

HP Recommended
DeskJet 2652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was trying to download and install the software for my new printer. It downloaded, but, when I went to install I got the following message:

C:\......\Downloads\HPEasyStart_5_5_3253_26.exe

A required privilege is not held by the client

I am the administrator of my system so I tried running it that way - same message.

I'm hoping someone can help.

Thank You......

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@OtieAtkins

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 2652 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer drivers do not get installed as an error appears saying "C:\......\Downloads\HPEasyStart_5_5_3253_26.exe

A required privilege is not held by the client". 

Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
  • NOTE: If you're going to connect the printer via USB, then do not connect it initially. Begin the installation first and later there will

Are you trying to install the drivers througha prompt to connect the printer. That's when you may connect the printer.be

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the issue persists then let's uninstall the existing drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers for your printer from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation