cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ABNDesign
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Carriage Rattling during initialization. Gives "possible paper jam" with no media loaded.

HP Recommended
Designjet z6100ps
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have a deisgnjett z6100 and the carriage/belt rattles like crazy when it comes to rest in the service area at the end of start up following right side bump.

The belt had broken so I replaced that, as well as the encoder strip, sensor and brushless motor. I'm attaching a video so you can see the fairly violent rattle at the end of the initialization. I'm out of ideas, short of burying it in a field somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YIySTwzKKSfAXLbu_-3Gp7naKE57ePo8

6 REPLIES 6
D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any error codes after it stops?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ABNDesign
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It gives an 86:01 error. It thinks the carriage is jammed, but it moves without obstruction if you slide it manually.
JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After replacing belt and encoder, have you performed necceseary tests and calibrations?

ABNDesign
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, last time it failed the scan axis test during the phase when it moves the carriage quickly. 

JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Funny. You did belt replacement first time in your life I assume. So, tests and calibrations I've mentioned, do you know how to access them?

Anyway, If I didn't looked the video you've posted I've never fully understand the problem. You have put belt in wrong way/miss-positioned. This belt is specific a bit because its symmetric type with metal juncion which goes in specific position behind the carriage near the belt latch on the right (depending from where you are looking at carriage). You left it free (metal junction) and it breaks movement (with possibility to make bigger damage to printer). Lol

JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please,

Take a good look at picture on page 355

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/836430/Hp-Designjet-Z6100-Printer-Series.html?page=355#manual

where metal junction is positioned.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation