Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200. Q6718 B
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Cannot uncap service station...uncap device stripped. This jams the carriage so that the 2 allen screws cannot be removed to pull the service station. Is there another way to free up the carriage to move left?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here's a link to the service manual.  http://www.partshere.com/hppartslist/hpparts.asp?part=Q6719A&keyword=Service_Manual

Check page 6-50.  Looks like there's a way to unlock the carriage so you can move it manually.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
Hello, Thanks for the suggestion. However, that's the problem. Step 8 will not work on my printer because the uncap screw is stripped or missing. So I when I insert a screwdriner, I've tried many plus t bits, the service station will not uncap and I cannot manually push the carriage into the print path This prevents me from removing and replacing the service station. I've never had a printed without an easy carriage release.
HP Recommended
If the plotter will power up and start the initialization process, simply unplug the plotter once the carriage has moved away from the service station. This should allow you to make your repairs. It's a bit drastic but if the uncapping mechanism is truly inoperative it may be your only option.
HP Recommended
Thanks! This worked. Actually I knew about this but kept getting an error (service station) that prevented the full initialization. Not sure why it moved when it did but now I can work on it. Thanks again!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.