cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Nancy365
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Cartridge carriage stuck/can't access

HP Recommended
Office Jet 7612
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Carriage is stuck all the way on the right. There is a little door but it has a really tiny hex screw I don't have a tool for. If I break the door to access the cartridge carriage will the printer refuse to work after that? I don't see the obstruction and can't pull the carriage out. Is there another way?

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 5,901 488 959
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Nancy365,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the cartridge on your printer, is stuck on the right, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Try a hard reset on the printer. 

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

10. Check if you are able to access the cartridges. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support team to check on the service options available for your printer. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Nancy365
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to help. It didn't work. I think one or more cartridges may be stopping the carriage from moving - but unless it does I can't fix that problem. I don't have a tool to remove the screw locking an access door - it's a hex or star, maybe 1/16". Will have to take it somewhere.

Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 5,901 488 959
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step. Have you tried to move the carriage while the printer is off? Give it a try, if not take it to any authorized service centers like Bestbuy and check if they can help or contact our phone support team for assistance. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Nancy365
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried moving the carriage while power off but it's not budging. It's probably my own fault - I may not have pushed one or two of the cartridges in all the way.  Thanks for trying so hard to help me! HP's the best.

Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 5,901 488 959
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time and trying the suggested steps. Please do contact our phone support team or take the printer to an authorized service center to have it checked. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation