cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
MajorGeek
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Changing ink cartriages on HP T90 not working

HP Recommended
T790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why can't I change an ink cartriage today on my T790?  Do I have old firmware?  The instructions in the user manual [edit]  aren't working.  When I press i,  I don't get six colored circles.  I get "Alerts, MK is out of ink"  but nothing I hit moves the print heads into position to be changed.  If I hit i>wrench icon>Ink>replace ink cartridges, I get yellow exclamation mark, "Ink Cartridge Empty, Replace ink cartridge, with a picture of a rectangle of with six colors as bars,  MK has a blinking white dot,  but nothing I push at this point seems to allow me to access cartridges.

4 REPLIES 4
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if nothing work, remove the bottom part of the old empty ink. then remove the bottom part of new cartrige & replace

with the old bottom part.      (  carefully cut the paper label on both sides )

I used this method all the time when new inks not accepted by the printer... always worked out fine....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MajorGeek
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Interesting idea,  but I would have to be able to access the print cartridges.  What I am saying is I can't get the print cartridges exposed as described in the manual.  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04215919

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so, spend more to search which the bestway to learn.....

good luck & be patience...

MajorGeek
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I was confusing print head and print cartridge replacement, or I was thinking about a different plotter. The print cartridges don't move into position to get changed.  They are over on the left under a cover.  I had to see this youtube video to remind me how this worked.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9t69aNOki0&t=83s

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation