Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5540

Hello,

– our "corporate color" is an orange: Pantone 151, CMYK 0.55.80.0, RGB 255.105.0 (the same as used by www.zdf.de ...)

– having a DesignJet Z5440 (with 3 "shades of black") – not possible to reproduce this orange color

– new model: DesignJet Z6 with chromatic red instead of leight grey

Question: is it possible for/with the Z6 to get an "better" orange = nearer to the Pantone reference color compared to our Z5440?

Thanks a lot!

carlos_meira

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Just to confirm that you have performed all the calibrations for media type and are telling the driver to use Pantone emulation?

documentation here: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00595038

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

I am printing from different applications, not only InDesign CS6, but often posters created from our staff within Powerpoint/Office 365. I tried all combinations to get a orange shade as close as possible e.g. to our flyers, brochures etc. printed with Pantone 151. But the differences are too obvious.
Therefore my question about the "replaced" colors, the chromatic red, of the newer printer models from HP.

... but the best solution would be a printer which accepts as a special color the corporate color (as it is the case in offset printing by using a specific "5th color"). Someday in the future ...

2019-10-01_shot_004.png

HP Recommended

Have you considered purchasing a color calibration system that will create custom print drivers that will more closely match colors? X-rite makes products for this. If you need color matching that is really the only reliable solution.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

From the Embedded Web Server you can go to 'Color' -> HP Pantone Emulation and ask the printer to print the desired color strip. In a Z9 I see that 151C is around 4.9 dE76 out-of-gamut on HP Premium Instant Dry Photo paper, so it cannot be printed with total accuracy. I believe Z6 will be in a similar situation, given that M-Y-R inks are the same.

I hope it helps.

I am a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hallo @

HP Recommended

@MaRiroThanks for your answer, too!

I tried several things and settings to get a color similar as Pantone 151. But among other things we use different programs (Powerpoint, too!) for printing our posters. Therefore it is really difficult (or unpossible) to get a satisfactory result.

Don't know why the professional (?) design agency gaves us this corporate color ...

HP Recommended

Hi Carlos,

What I meant is that pantone 151C is slightly out of the printer gamut. So it cannot be printed regardless of the printing method and/or adjustments. You can get close enough, but not to the exact color.

Best,

I am a HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.