Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2300 Product CN728A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

I  have tried to update the firmware to the Designjet T2300 MFP (CN728A).

I have tried with: network, usb, thumb stick.

It doesn't work at all.

The actual firmware is: IG_02_00_15.1 and i want ot update it to: IG_09_00_00.4

Should i update to the previous firmware: IG_06_00_00.2 , first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes try to update to firmware IG_06 first before update it to firmware IG_09. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

yes try to update to firmware IG_06 first before update it to firmware IG_09. 

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks.

I tried it already and it work fine.

It solve 2 problems: rollers switching problem and by updating after that to IG_09, it solve wrong ink indication.

Thanks anyway to get back to me. 

HP Recommended

Hi

I installed firmware ver IG_10_04_00.1 but a didnt install mu01_0232.6 before. My plotter showme some service errors, how can i down grade, i tried with many ways, but the plotter tellme that de firmware es not correct.

i hope you helpme,

gretings

HP Recommended

Hi,

To get earlier versions try contacting HP.

What errors are you getting? They might not even be related with the firmware

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
94% initializing. After a lot time it shows 81:01. If i lift. The window or some roll rollr it initialize normally. But spme times it doesnt print correctly.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I personly would try, depanding on the previous version, to upgrade the firmware versions that is betwen the previous version and the one you want to upgrade to, one at a time.

Meaning: if the previous version is IG_06 and you want to upgrade to IG_10, try to install IG_07, then IG_07, etc.

Do it using a USB key, with the firmware to install, on it, but format the USB key first.

The USB key goes on the formatter, then power on the plotter.

I hope that help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sometimes the printer will hung in 94% when there is paper loaded.

Unload the paper and reboot, it will come up ready

Now taking in consideration that you are getting a 81:01 error too

- Look for any damages on the spindle or spindle support

- Make sure the paper is loaded correctly on the spindle

- Make sure the paper is attach to the core

- Try another roll if is about to end. Thinking that the paper is giving too much tension to the drive roller

Additionally yu can do a paper advance test to troubleshoot the problem further in there there is a problem with the motor, sensor, or encoder disk

When did the issue started?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
Hi. I seeing that some door is open while is initialzing at 94% it work well. And some times give 81:01 error. I have to open some door to inicializese correctly.
HP Recommended
I think is firmware becouse it had an old version. But i did the upgrade and it began to givrme that error
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.