cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Stilliams
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Custom Page Size button missing in Print Dialogue

HP Recommended
T1200 wide-format printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When a domain user logs on to a Win7 PC and tries printing to the installed T1200 plotter, the Custom Page Size button in the print dialgue box is missing.

It is available when an administrator is logged in.

Latest PS driver and latest Firmware both installed.

I assume it's a user access-rights issue but have no idea which files need to be accessed.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

7 REPLIES 7
speed143
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please ask Admin to give full access ...some restriction with Admin...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stilliams
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ... thanks for taking the time to reply.

I wondered if it might be a permissions "thing". Do you know which folder or files need to be changed? I've trawled through the obvious places but am none the wiser.

Unfortunately, we can't give a user overall admin rights.

Cheers!

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

As a workaround install the plotter driver on the issue PC using the Standart TCP/IP port which will by pass the server and communicate directly to the plotter.

To install as STD TCP/IP  : Under plotter driver properties > Ports > Add Port > Standart TCP/IP  > New port > enter the Plotter IP address and continue to install.

Hope this is helpful.

Stilliams
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP_Vijay wrote:

Hi ,

As a workaround install the plotter driver on the issue PC using the Standart TCP/IP port which will by pass the server and communicate directly to the plotter.

To install as STD TCP/IP  : Under plotter driver properties > Ports > Add Port > Standart TCP/IP  > New port > enter the Plotter IP address and continue to install.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

I installed a STD TCP/IP Port and changed the printer driver to the new port. But, unfortunately, the Custom Size button still doesn't appear for the user.

Do I need to re-install the Printer Driver from scratch?

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Yes ,  Please uninstall the current driver completely and reboot the PC to clear any old files.

Looks like the current driver is shared.

Download the latest Printer driver selecting the correct Operating system and have a fresh driver installed on this PC.

but again install using the Standard TCP/IP option so that this driver functions as a stand alone not depending on the server.

Please update the outcome.

Stilliams
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hp_Vijay wrote:

Hi ,

Yes ,  Please uninstall the current driver completely and reboot the PC to clear any old files.

Download the latest Printer driver selecting the correct Operating system and have a fresh driver installed on this PC.

but again install using the Standard TCP/IP option so that this driver functions as a stand alone not depending on the server.

Hi,

That's great - thanks for the clarification.

I can't try this until next week now, but I will let you know how I get on.

Thank you

pompeystilliams
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hp_Vijay wrote:

Hi ,

Hi

This worked great - Users are happy!! Thank you for the support.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation