cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ironkoala
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cutter being picked up when it shouldn't be and LM-LC bllnd colors/bleed over

HP Recommended
DesignJet Z2100 Photo

Recently replaced the drive belt, trailing cable, cutter, rear carriage bushing, and installed new print head for Light Magenta-Light Cyan (LM-LC 70 C9405A). Have a couple issues.

Cutter:

****NEW INFORMATION****ran diagnostics and cutter failed to cut, it ran through the entire process but when it went to pick-up the cutter it did NOT pick it up. No idea how to fix as it gave no error message.****

when I power-up the printer it does a check moving the carriage back and forth, on its last pass it picks up the cutter and carries it back to home with it still attached (it should have left it on the left at its home).  And gives me the generic paper jam error.

If I power down and backup up it will put the cutter back and be ready for prints 80% of the time the other 20 it still doesn't release the cutter on powerup and I must remove and reload the roll of paper and it reseats the cutter before it loads the roll completely.

2nd issue

****NEW INFORMATION****ran diagnostics and on the Carriage Assembly test it came back with error 58:11 FAIL DeltaE out of limits 92.000 > 8--ESP/SOL test showed ERROR 58:10 FAIL DeltaE out of limits 77.474 > 8 but on second run through same test ESP/SOL was OK. Scan Axis test was ok, Star wheel lifter was OK, Cutter Failed, Carriage assembly/carriage PCA was ok. ERROR 58:10 looks like I can possibly fix by cleaning the Color Sensor (like mentioned here https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=40955). Only thing on here I could find related was https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Printhead-Replacemen... but there is no answer to this issue.****

LM-LC print head is not printing a test print correctly--had issue before replacing print head, still have wuth brand new print head. All other print colors/heads print perfectly. The test print should is M-Y and they are fine then LM-LC and they are mixed and the left side is blue and the right side is pink and the middle is what appears to be a mixture of the two colors, then PK-LG and MK-C and those are all perfect. LM-LC also prints a faint broken line that is not parallel to the

other lines below (and doesn't belong). Have tried running all diagnostics except purge ink.

lm-lc2-sm.jpglook at top line(s)look at top line(s)

1 REPLY 1
ironkoala
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will add an update in case anyone else encounters this issue.

The colors bleeding over into each other was caused by the tension on the belt being too high when I installed the new belt. I just loosened it a little an it now prints correctly -- still figuring out the cutter issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation