Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignjetT830

Was printing then blue screen with message D9228B4C. Turn on/off but just shows HP logo screen.

Any ideas?

Dek

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Firmware issue can cause this and the first thing you want to try is to perform a OOBE reset which erases all settings and sets the printer as though it was just purchased. As you are a new user I am not able to PM you the instructions but I have contacted the moderators and asked them to have someone from HP reach out to you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello @Dekcor 

If this error code came while processing a job then cancel it and delete it from your computer as well and restart the printer, in case the same or similar error shows up while restarting I will recommend you calling HP support if your printer is under warranty, if not then contact a service provider in your area.

Usually this type of codes when showing don't allow the printer accessing any internal menus however you can try accessing the support menu by holding the power button for around 20 seconds, then under the resets menu you can select the OOBE reset knowing that this reset will put the printer back to the factory settings.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.