Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
CQ532A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Print quality was horrible, heads were old, so I spent a small fortune on new ones. Despite repeated attempts head alignment is horrible (yes, I have tried re-seating)

An additional annoyance is that i have to do everything from the front panel [which on a DJ-111 is literally 3 buttons] as the maintenance utility software is nowhere to be found...

Somebody, please help before I throw the printer out the window.....

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

This printer is pretty old, it seems like it is an issue with firmware ( please buy new printer)

Thanks

HP Recommended

I would not consider 7 years of low duty (under 500 total pages, 90% of them line drawings) to be "pretty old" (my pen plotters from the 1970's and 1980's would qualify), nor do I believe it to be a problem with the firmware (as the printer does not have any clock).

With this type of "support" I am pretty sure that if I do have to resort to buying a new large format printer, it will not be HP.

HP Recommended

Another thing you can check is belt, some times belt get worn off and it make carraige unit (where printhead are sitting ) struggle to move smoothly.

if belt condition is bad please replace the belt 

HP Recommended

Thanks, that is a useful suggestion, and  I will double check when I get home on Tuesday.  

The following pictures may provide some insight...

IMG_0339.JPGIMG_0340.JPGIMG_0341.JPG

HP Recommended

Blue and yellow print head is look faulty but you have already changed these color printheads am I right?

HP Recommended

HJ47,
That is correct.  All 4 print heads have just been replaced as well as the ink (even though they were 1/2 or more full). If you zoom in you can also see that the black and magenta blocks have visible striping, but nowhere near as bad as blue and yellow. 

At over $200 USD for the replacement print heads as well as another $240 USD for the ink (a total of over $440!!!!) I hope you can understand how disappointed I\am with the results...

HP Recommended

Are these genuine HP printheads?  If they're in warranty I'd try to get them exchanged.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

D Hook,

Yes they are genuine. The initial info I have gotten is that exchange is likely possible, but refund is not. If the problem is actually that they are defective, then this would be viable. However my fear is that the problem is "something else" and going through the process of exchange would not actually improve anything....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.