cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
D120Y
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Demo prints are okay but my drawings print with misaligned vertical lines

HP Recommended
HP T1200 DJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello!

My HP T1200 plotter prints its own demo prints just fine. However, drawings that I send from my computer have misaligned vertical lines, i.e. lines that should be straight are instead broken a bit, similar to what can be seen here https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01610846#troubleshooting

I have replaced printheads. Printhead alignment goes okay. I have also run the clean printheads job several times.

The problem appears in all colors. I set my drawing to be yellow or blue instead of black and still got the same problem.

The diagnostic print shows a few small breaks in all the grids except for the yellow one. I do not know how to interpret it further. The grids are not perfectly rectangular I guess. Numbers from 48, 64, 80 ... to 1056 can be seen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried the Paper Advance Calibration?

Typically, if there is a banding in all the colours I would try this.

Good Luck,

Roy K

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
D120Y
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply! I tried paper advance calibration but got scanning error. Will try again next week and post progress.
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are getting scanning errors then there might be an issue with the Line Sensor.

Get into the Service Menu, then Calibrations menu and run the Line Sensor Calibration. 

If this passes, then try the PH alignment and Advance Calibration again.

If this fails, then replace the Line Sensor and try again.

Good Luck,

Roy K

D120Y
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again for your guidance.

I cannot find the Service menu or Line Sensor calibration in my plotter, though I do seem to remember using the Service menu previously. The closest thing I can find is the Image Quality Maintenance menu. 

I found a workaround for my problem:

1. Export from AutoCAD to .png image

2. Open the PNG image.

3. Press Ctrl+P

4. In the Printer Settings, choose the CAD preset and move the Quality slider to maximum quality.

This worked!

Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great!

If you still want to try the Line Sensor Calibration here is how to get the service menu.

Hit the Menu button (below the up/down scroll buttons)

Once in the menu hit the Up and X buttons - this should open the Service Menu.

Scroll to Service Calibrations

Scroll to Line Sensor and initiate calibration.

It may ask for a certain type of paper - if so then just tell the printer that is what's loaded (from the paper menu).

This usually works for me.

Regards,

Roy K

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation