cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Gserri
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Desigjet 500 firmware

HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everibody.

Can someone help me upgrading firmaware on my old plotter.

The latest installer on HP site says that I need at least version A.02.06 to upgrade, but my printer has installed the A.02.01.

Do someone know where can i Find version A.02.06 ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hello, did you try to upgrade to version A.04.02. it is available here: ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL22739/pl-60233-2/HP_Designjet_Firmware_Update_Tool_A.04.02.exe it is published under windows xp 64 bits. the webpage by default will detect your OS and show it, but you can changed it to other
I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gserri
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all, many thenks for your quick answer.

I can try to upgrade to the version A.04.02 (but i relly didn't understand how the ftp page can detect my OS as on your link i can find only an executable file).

In any case, to upgrade to the latest version, the installer says me that I need at least the A.02.06.

Anyhow, is a littel step ahead...

Thanks

Giuseppe

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

HP has release new Firmware version for HP Printhead replace issue. Please download the below firmware (V-3.8) from below link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301

Please use MS OS: Win 7 32bit for Firmware upgrading issue

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Gserri
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many tanks for your reply, but it is exactely what I did.

The problem was that, during the installation process, the installer says me that I should have at least the version A.02.06 to upgrade to the latest version, so I stopped, As I was concerned to damage my printer.

Did you install the version 3.8 on a version older than A.02.06 ?

Thanks

Giuseppe

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Giuseppe,

Yes, I have installed this new firmware in my printer.

Regards/Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ciao Giuseppe,

3.8 is the version of the installer. it will upgrade your printer firmware to version A.05.01.

That's why i propose to download previous firmware version that will allow you to install the one that contains the fix.

If you still cannot upgraded your printer firmware, I would recommend to call HP support.

cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
Gserri
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep.

Thanks everybody..i Upgraded the firmware to the latest version and everything seems to work fine.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation