cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
KevinVA
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

DesignJet 4500ps 24:10 error

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 4500 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our school purchased a used DesignJet 4500 ps and it displayed error 24:10 since we turned it on.  The service manual says the error has something to do with a broken ink bag inside one of the ink cartridges so we replaced all 4 cartridges but the error still continues to be displayed.  The service manual says this error can be cleared from the diagnostics menu but I can't even get past the screen that says "Error 24:10; Restart the printer".  Does anybody know if there is a key combination to get into the diagnostics menu or at least get past the error screen?

Thanks!

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, there is a key combination to get into the sub menus from the front panel.

Go to google and search for "Designjet 4500PS service manual" and you'll be able to download the service manual.  You'll need to follow that because it's a pretty convoluted process for dealing with the broken bag error.  Too much to post on this thread.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KevinVA
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice D Hook.  I am now able to browse the Diagnostics menu and follow the service manual to troubleshoot the "broken bag". 

After following the steps in the Diagnostics menu it now displays system error code 01.2:10 which the service manual says "ISS PCA faulty - Humidity sensor out of scale or NVM backup failure.  Corrective Action: Upgrade the printer’s firmware level to 11.1.1.2 or later." 

So I will try next to upgrade the firmware.  Does anybody know the default IP address of the DesignJet 4500 to connect to the webserver?  Also the only screens I have seen on the printer are the Error 24:10 screen and the Diagnostics menu screen (not any kind of main menu screen). Does anybody know if the firmware can be updated w/o the printer working normally and showing the main screen?

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought there was a way to find the ISP through the diagnostics menus but maybe not.  I DO know you have to have a crossover cable to connect to a laptop or desktop directly to the printer.

Hopefully someone else will chime in on finding the ISP address through the diagnostics menu.  Take a look at page 4-54 of the service manual.  There's a submenu called "Other" that might have the info you need on the ISP.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation