Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 500 42-in Roll Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a DesignJet 500 and an installed 600n card. I was able to install an older version of Java to have the cards webpage show properly and can access the Administration > Configuration Tab

The problem I am having is adding this printer to my Windows 10 via TCP/IP.

The steps i took to Add printer was selecting

"Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname"

I change the Device type to "TCP/IP Device"

I enter the IP address of the network card and leave the "Query the printer and automatically select driver to use" checked and hit Next

I select "HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP" and hit next, then select "Use the driver currently installed" because i took the steps of downloading the latest drivers prior and hit next again and name the printer.

I do not share the printer. Printing a test page doesnt work. Printing from an app like Chrome or Photos says the printer is not available.

I thought maybe the firmware needed to be updated but the methods provided on HP dont work, with Method 3 (FTP) results is "Connection Refused"

Please if anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated. And please ask as many questions as needed. thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The 600 cards are sadly out of date and often cause issues due to compatibility issues with newer security protocols and network hardware. Your best option would be to replace that card with a newer one such as the 620 or newer card. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The 600 cards are sadly out of date and often cause issues due to compatibility issues with newer security protocols and network hardware. Your best option would be to replace that card with a newer one such as the 620 or newer card. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.