cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
NickSeman
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

DesignJet T1300 Banding/Gaps/Paper Feed issue

HP Recommended
DesignJet T1300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have attached four images showing issues I am having with a DesignJet T1300 printer.  I have run all diagnostics on the printer that are available for printhead, nozzles etc.  I have cleard the EEPROM, Firmware is up to date etc.  Issues vary by quality and paper settings but all seem to be some type of repeating pattern or gap/band accross the width of the print.  On the Best setting the band (under magnification) appears to be printing at a very low resolution as compared to the rest of the print.  On lower quality settings I either get duplicate line work or gaps.

I have run the paper advance calibration for both rolls as well which sometimes fixes the issue (not always) but regardless if the plotter sits for a few hours this behavior returns.

As far as paper settings go I have another issue which is posted seperately where there are no paper types available from the front panel when loading paper except for one HP bond and one HP Gloss - all other settings disappeard when the firmware updated.  As a result I am unable to select the exact paper types I am using.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_7083.JPG

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

IMG_7087.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you have an issue with your paper feed motor and/or the encoder disk (hides behind the left spittoon)

Yo have to remove the left side cover, electronics module and spittoon to access.

there is also a special tool to set properly in place. 

may just be a dirty encoder disk.

Good Luck,

Roy K

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jorge70
Level 4
101 101 6 13
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You have a problem with encoder disc media in the left side. If you replace it, you must perform the media motor adjust.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation