cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
leandrapearson
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

DesignJet T520 Supplies

HP Recommended
DesignJet T520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My school has ordered a DesignJet T520 poster printer for my Digital Media Classroom.  I need to order enough  supplies for about 200 posters 36 " x 24" for next year. How much ink and paper is needed?

1 REPLY 1
cyun
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Hope you have a nice day.

I am not sure your 200 pages is one time printing or the total of printing throughout the next year. If it is not printing in one shot, it's not recommended to buy all together, as the warranty duration of ink cartridge is limited.

However, to estimate the ink consumption of one page, there are some key factors which are "ink coverage % in a poster" and the printing mode -> fast, normal or best mode, and paper media types, these cause the ink consumption varying differently.

For instance, a 30% ink coverage poster printed with HP coated paper in normal/productivity printing mode, the consumption can be 1-2 ml /page. The ink cartridges for T520 are 29ml for each of 3 colors and 38ml for mono, after the math works, you have to estimate 6 to 12 sets of ink cartridges, this estimation haven't consider some mls be used up for printer servicing or some troubleshooting if there is any.

Hope this can help you to have a rough sense of how much it will consume. 🙂

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation