Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer has not ever printed black except for text. Any black background prints in a definite teal green - not even close to black. Text does print in black.  I called support and they told me that is what it is supposed to do, and he gave me some big spiel about why it is that way that didn't make any sense. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if a new printhead might help? Maybe the one shipped with it was bad? Or any other fix? I am incredibly disappointed in this printer, as many posters have black at least as an accent. I also hate that when ink is low, it tells you that it's low, but not necessary to change, but then in the middle of the print instead of stopping and letting you replace ink like my Designjet 111 does, it cancels the rest of the print job, wasting paper and ink. I assume that is merely a poor design and no fix for that.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

By looking at your issue it seems it is an issue with printhead or firmware. Before changing any print head we have to check firmware can you please provide us firmware version and product code of the printer?

firmware can be found in printer under printer information tab

product code will be at the back of the printer. 

Thanks for your patience

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your reply. The firmware was APP2CN1902ER and I just updated to APP2CN1911BR--but it's still printing teal green. I'm not seeing anything that says product code, but the product number says CQ893C, if that is the same thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.