Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T630 24in
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Just bought a new DesignJet t630 to replace an older HP Plotter that had become temperamental.  On the old printer printing was pretty much instant even on A1 prints.

We have setup the new printer on 3 different Windows print servers under 2008 R2, 2012R2 and 2019 and get consistently slow spooling/printing.  We click print (A1 pdf file) and the preview appears, then when you print the document takes ages to spool (with Server/client processing).

In some instances a test page will print right away but anything larger takes forever.  Often the HP Print preview window takes an age to open and then hangs and on WS2019 I don't have the option of disabling the Print Preview.

Could somebody please give me some pointers to either a change of settings on the server or a different drive (I've tried all I can find on the H download page) before I have to send this printer back.

Thanks

Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @GAMark .

This printer doesn't have a Hard Disk to spool the documents however it has 1gb of RAM to process the jobs, did you try installing it out of the server just doing a local pc installation? Also can you try printing from an usb flash drive to discard a driver issue?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.