cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
rdickson
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

DesignJet Z2100 Black Ink printing Green

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

My designjet printer has decided that after several inches of printing normal blacks/grays, it’s going to make them all green (printing in grayscale just makes it all green).

I’ve changed all the ink cartridges (they're all full), I’ve cleaned them, realigned them, calibrated them, printed diagnostic images (all of the discoloration occurs further on the page past the diagnostics cut off), nothing works. 

I'll also note, that it started doing this randomly in the middle of a print job, nothing had changed- ink cartridge, paper type, printer settings, computer settings, and I'm not able to print with cartridges missing so I can't individually test cartridges. 
37244587_10155378915466631_6927092996391305216_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

your colors were all fine.... maybe you should try to convert your image to    grayscale,

when to print, use gray icc profile.  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rdickson
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I print in grayscale it comes out all green, even after switching my black cartridges and even after cleaning them.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usually color changed caused by defective printhead or air bubbles in inktubes, then missing colors on test print.
But your test print looked fine .

Myself just went thru big problems with  LG on Z3100  & I printed so big images on canvas, all  became useless.
wasted me whole weekend work, lots canvas & inks. I blamed myself dumb & carelessness.

Sound very strange problem....

What driver do you use ?   gl2 or PCL....   myself using pcl & prints the most beautiful color posters, photos, bw  etc. same

as good as my Z3100 with 12 colors.

Try update driver with pcl driver, then perform    printhead alignment .. also make sure has the latest firmware.

try different media on same image.

Nothing else I could think off... good luck.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation