CineNate
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

DesignJet Z2100 Stops Mid Print - No matter what

HP Recommended
DesignJet Z2100
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

This printer always stops toward the end of a job when using the sheet feeder, moves the print heads to the left side, throws an out of paper message to the HP Printer Monitor, moves the print head back and forth slightly on the left side......then 2 minutes later spits out a few more lines on the page then ejects the paper. It does this with any size, any paper, any OS, over USB and ethernet. I've updated the firmware to the latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers, tried different PCs, tried different software (InDesign, Preview, PhotoShop). The paper size is specified correctly in the document, page setup, and the print dialog. The orientation is correct. There is no other error. I am about to throw this printer off the cliff. If I can't get this resolved after spending a fortune on this printer, it will be the last HP product I ever buy. I've literally printed 25 sheets of paper since I've owned it and it's been nothing but a pain. And of course it starts doing this outside of the warranty. I hope I am just missing something stupid here.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation