cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jvargas27
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

DesignJet Z6100 Remove Paper prompt with no paper loaded

HP Recommended
DesignJet Z6100

Hi everyone,

I work with a Z6100 and today I'm having a really frustrating (and work halting) issue. There was a head strike at the end of a roll while printing. I removed the crunched up paper (leaving no stock loaded in the machine), put a new roll on the spindal, and proceeded to navigate the display menu to load the new roll.

However, the paper load menu is locked and I only have the option to unload the (non-existing) roll. I exited the menu, and now the display is saying "paper loaded incorrectly. Remove roll" and I have no clue what to do since there's literally nothing to unload! 

I've tried restarting the machine several times now, and each time the message still comes back up. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

-Jenn Vargas

Jennifer Vargas
Graphic Designer
PCI Infold
4 REPLIES 4
joff18
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue now, How you fix this? 

I would appreciate very much if you shared the solution.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it happened to me & would unplug power cord....    plug in again... ignor message... go to quequ     n delete the job...

see what happen ?

joff18
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i diid it, samething "Remove paper prompt with no paper loaded "

joff18
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Problem solved, Once we release the paper sensor everything works fine. Thank you!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation