cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
TheWildD
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

DesignJet printing problems

HP Recommended
DesignJet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have problems during the print. Every 20cm approximately i have doubled image. It looks like my plotter misfeeding the paper every now and then. Someone knows how to fix this? I don't know if it is possible to upload the pic here, I suppose it would be helpful.
4 REPLIES 4
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe check to see if the roll is free to turn.  If it's getting bound up or the roll is too big or not positioned correctly it can cause this.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TheWildD
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Roll is free to turn. It is not too big, it is 24" Fabriano roll. It is positioned correctly. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance.
mapbrix
Level 2
11 6 2 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps a wild idea, but the HP Deskjet (yes, almost 30 years ago!), used to have paper slippage due to the rubber rollers becoming smooth/coated.  My recollection is that HP produced a sandpaper device to remove any film on the rollers, ie to rough the surface a little and improve traction.  Just a thought, good luck.

JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is an old printer and this defect occures because of age (like old people loose tooths). Task is pretty complicated and part is almost hard to get but it looks like that you need to replace encoder disk on drive roller (if rubber on drive roller is good and all pich-wheels are ok, not broken or missing).

Happened to me the same about 7 years ago, encoder disk accumulated so much dust&dirt on it so I have had to replace it. Than to calibrate paper advance, and printer was working fine again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation