cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Andrew456
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

DesignJet z5600 PS - Missing accounting settings options

HP Recommended
DesignJet z5600 PS
Other

I'm trying to configure the accounting feature within the device in order to track who is using it and how often. The usage information is visible on the embedded webserver but it only lists the last 10 jobs. As such, I believe that the 'Max. number of logged jobs' option must be set to 10 rather than a more useful larger number.

According to the help pages on the web server, I should be able to access the option to configure this in the settings screen, via the front panel of the device. When I go in there though, the 'Max. number of logged jobs' is not visible. In fact none of the accounting options listed below are showing (I've been through every branch of the settings menu):

• Max. number of logged jobs
  • Require account ID
  • Send accounting files
  • Send accounting files to
  • Send accounting files every ...
  • Exclude personal information from accounting e-mail
  • Exclude personal information from accounting and job queue pages

Is there a way to enable the accounting functionality? or is there a firmware update that adds it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
speed143
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

for that you can use Universal print drivers and from ther you can set the account, and also from EWS page.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tabassum_S
Level 3
Level 3
36 36 4 14
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Missing accounting settings options

Solution:

The printer can send usage information periodically by email. You can request this in the following ways:

Install HP Utility , can be downloaded from hp website. www.hp.com\support

● In the HP Utility for Windows: select Settings > Accounting.

● In the HP Utility for Mac OS X: select Configuration > Printer Settings > Configure Printer Settings >
Accounting.

● In the Embedded Web Server: select Setup > Printer settings > Accounting.

In each case, you must set the following options:

● Send accounting files: On (the default is Off)
● Send accounting files to: a valid email address
● Send accounting files every: choose a number of days (1–60) or a number of prints (1–500)

You must also ensure that the email server has been configured. To configure the email server using the
Embedded Web Server, select Setup > Email server, and fill in the following fields:

● SMTP server: the IP address of the outgoing mail server (SMTP) that will process all email messages
from the printer. If the mail server requires authentication, email notifications will not work.

● Printer email address: each email message sent by the printer must include a return address, which
does not need to be a real, functional email address, but it should be unique, so that recipients of the
message can identify the printer that sent it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation