Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

My Designjet 1050C is leaking yellow ink from the tube nozzles underneath the prinheads. I took the whole tube assembly off of the printer (per manual instructions). My question is, can these nozzles be replaced at the end of the tubes verses buying a whole new tube assembly? $300 + is a lot of money for a complete set when you only need 1 nozzle or 4 new ones.

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think I'll be in good shape now... I figured out how to get the nozzle attachment apart without destroying it,,

AND..... I FOUND NOZZLES ON EBAY FOR $18.00 . . . . !!!!!!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi ,

The part your are describing belongs to the Ink tube assembly 

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=C6074-60415

Ink Tube System - Includes setup printheads, ink collector, carrier clip, nye oil, ink supply station housing foam

Chris Estrada

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Chris,,, let me rephrase my question...... Can i buy or get just the nozzles that the printheads go into?

If i take apart the end of the tube assembly that attaches to the carriage, can I replace those 4 nozzles? Without getting a whole new assembly

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunatelly you cannot buy the nozzles that the printheads go into. In this case you will need to buy the whole ink tube assembly.

HP Recommended

I think I'll be in good shape now... I figured out how to get the nozzle attachment apart without destroying it,,

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try it if you want, however the pressure on the ink tube system might not function as expected , that is problably why HP does not have an specific part number for these nozzles.

HP Recommended

the little round rubber sleeves that are between the nozzle and the barbed fitting on the end of the ink tubes,,,,

I used 100% silicone on these and put the system back together. My printer is up and running like a top now!!!

I've printed out 5 - 6 posters now with no problems and no leaks..... Happy times..lol

HP Recommended

@meat1820 wrote:

Hello.

Could you please be so kind and describe how you managed to tear it down to replace the nozzle?

Thank you

HP Recommended

after you take the inktube system off the printer and on a bench or table where you can work on it, use really small standard screw driver and lift the plastic snap locks on the covering that ancloses the nozzles. Be very carefull not to break them off. Once you get the covering opened up, the nozzles are nested in their pockets with a U shaped plastic clips that hold them in place. go along one side of the clip with small screw driver and pry the clip toward that nozzle and pull out at same time. one side will pop loose then do the other side.

Once you get the nozzles out, you can take them apart with the rubber sleeves. Don't take the barbed fitting off the tube, most likely it's not leaking there. they leak from around the rubber bushing!!

If you have new bushings, GREAT, if not, you can still use the old ones. I clean the bushings up with alchohol, wipe the nozzle and barbed fitting with alchohol where the bushing goes. Put 100% silicone on a toothpick and put a thin later on the inside of the bushing and on the outside of the fitting and nozzle. put them together and spin the nozzle one time around in the bushing to get an even coat of sealer around it. Be careful not to use to much so you don't clogged the inside for ink flow. Let them dry for 24hrs and you should be good to go.

Good Luck.

HP Recommended

Great info!  I replaced a black printhead today on my 5000PS 60" and developed a leak so I'll be tackling the repair tomorrow.  Going to try doing it with minimal disassembly.  I have an old ink tube system so I've been studying how that comes apart and have a good idea of the nozzle replacement/repair should go.  But the silicone trick is a great idea.  Thanks!

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.