cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
tabcom
Level 3
86 47 0 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Designjet 4000ps 61:01 error

HP Recommended

Designjet 4000ps has been working without any issues for years. Hard Disk died.

After replacing the hard disk and updating the firmware to ver. 14,

the printer will power up to a ready state.

When I send a test print thru windows or an autocad drawing,

getting a

61:01

Wrong File Format

The printer cannot process

the job

Please advise.

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
3 REPLIES 3
tabcom
Author
Level 3
86 47 0 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have turned it on and off several times and every time it comes on it has the Install Firmware message. I tried updating the firmware a couple more times but it hasn’t changed anything. I also looked up the code and it says:

System Error 61:04.1
Explanation
The Postscript fonts are missing. Upgrading the firmware will re-install the fonts.
Recommended action
Perform a full firmware upgrade that includes package ’B’.

Please advise.

During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What process are you using to update the firmware?

HP website lists 14.01.01.5 as the latest firmware.  Maybe someone else has a "B" revision?

Seems to me that if you're still getting that message, the update maybe didn't take?

I updated the firmware on my 4500PS using the imbedded web service.  Took okay.  Can you check on your front panel and see what firmware it says you have loaded?  Or does it let you get that far?

tabcom
Author
Level 3
86 47 0 4
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Used embedded webserver to push over the  14.01.01.5 firmware several times.

Printer Info after update states  14.01.01.5.

Reboot, get 61:04 error.

The documentaion on the 61:04 error is woefully inaduquete. 

At this point, I'm going to try another hard disk.

Also going to take another Main PCA Board to try.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation