cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Kengriffi
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Designjet 510 24" os x 10.13 issues with colour

HP Recommended
Designjet 510 24"
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi,
I managed to get my hands on an older Design Jet 510 plotter. Ive had some issues getting mac's High Sierra OS to work correctly with it.

Initially I could produce colour prints, but the colour needed a lot of adjustment and looked like black ink wasnt being used. Colour configurations proved this as the black gradient scale was missing.

I made sure the drivers were up to date, replaced the black printhead, and made sure the other printheads, carriage and surfaces were clean. There is plenty of ink in the cartridges and no error messages from the printheads.

Since these changes, the printheads align and print colour references to do so, but the colour calibration and any other troubleshooting prints create a horrible grey irregular textured pattern, as if the printheads are very dirty. Ive confirmed they arent and the printhead alignment proves it can print colour without issues.

Could this be a firmware issue? Ive tried downloading the firmware updater, but this fails claimimg it doesnt work in High Sierra. The HP Utility software also fails to connect to the printer, prompting the device is not supported and needs updating (even though this is the most up to date version for mac 5.41).

Any ideas, my troubleshooting seems to be going backwards?!

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

your problem has no issue with driver, firmware etc  & I recommend you :

First do a successful      printhead alignment....   if ok... color calibrarion for your phot media loaded ,

then     convert your image  to proper color profile..... then when you print & use proper

ICC profile for your media & quality...

For example, myself will print a beautiful landscape photo,   I will edit it to the best qaulity with photoshop.

then I convert it to    working S RGB... when I print *& use    HP glossy,sg/satin Z3100 color profile...

all ok & customers were happy...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Kengriffi
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply.
I had the same thought process, without much luck unfortunately.
Before the most recent updates/cleaning/new printhead I was able to print colour photos and a colour calibration, but they needed colour adjustment.
After these updates/cleaning/new printhead it wont even print a colour calibration properly. The printhead alignment will print separate colours as needed, but any calibration or image comes out as an odd inconsistent irregular dirty grey pattern, with flecks of colour randomly spread throughout.

Any ideas?
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

according to your reply & I am sure you have printhead problem...

you did not say      printhead alignment             pass    or not...    if it pass & printheads should be good.

if printhead lignment pass sucessufully & color calibration should pass    as well.

If not solve printhead problem in first place & there will never be a good photo print out.   period.

also check your inktubes with a syringe & draw out inks & make sure no bubbles...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation