cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
divertom80
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Designjet 510 500 Stops randomly on print....

HP Recommended
designjet 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my Designjet is driving me nuts. I have wasted more paper than a collective rainforest can provide due  to the issue. I have read other forum answers and done for what I can to the printer to make the **bleep** thing work properly. 

I have upgraded the internal memory, I have it plugged in direct via USB, I send the image via bitmap etc, I compress the image in the computer via photoshop to keep the size down, I have cleaned out the ink service station on both sides etc and cleaned the print heads and still it frikin stops at a random point in the print.

When it stops at random points in a print the printhead slides back and forth by a cm or two for a minute or two at either end of the slide nr to the cleaning station, then it cuts the paper as if it's finished. I get no errors. 

Please help as this is wasting a lot of paper! Any ideas as to what the hell is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,354 6,337 756 1,063
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you print internal test like configuration page does then work OK? Can you test your printer on older OS like Win XP or Win 7 to confirm that there is printer related problem, not a computer?

It could be a dirty drive roller encoder disc or defective drive roller sensor.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should try to download the DJ500 PCL driver  & should fix that problem....

Last month, an user has similar problem & I mentioned the above &  problem solved.

I only like pcl driver which faster & trouble free.....

divertom80
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brill will give the driver a try thanks

D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What size print are you trying to do when it stops?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation