cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
nlfreder
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Designjet 5500 Print issue changing colors

HP Recommended
HP Designjet 5500

I have an HP Designjet 5500, and I'm printing using Photoshop CS5. I have printed with it in the past and never had issues. I keep having this issue as seen in the photo. The orange is the correct color, but then after first inch, it changes to pink. I have tried 3 different times (as seen with 3 different papers in picture), with different settings and same results. The cartridge color levels are all above half and the printheads are all ok. On the other half of this particture project, it is black and prints black in correct area. I'm stumped at this point. Please advise.

oIMG_5184.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
Navidamiriyan
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear nlfreder

your problem is related to yellow ink, maybe your yellow printhead in not working well, in other hand  iwant to ask you do you using original ink cartridge or refill cartridge?

if you use refill cartridge probably the ink do not get to the printhead as well, first check the inktube that has no Bubbles, if there is ok change the yellow printhead.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
nlfreder
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I am using original cartridges and not refill tubes. Sometimes I will get the Light Cyan Printhead stating recover and when I recover it is fine. I have not had issue with the yellow printhead. Please advise what you think or what I can do. Thank you

navid_totalcare
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear nlfreder

in your problem i see you want print orange color , the orange color is combination of magenta and yellow color, after 5cm of print you see the yellow color is not printed and the print going to the magenta color, so we conclude the yellow is problem. you should to check the ink cartridge , inktube, and finally printhead. if you dont have recovery alert for yellow printhead , not reson to yellow printhead no problem.

Best Regards.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation