cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Bps16
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Designjet 800 Plotter Formatter issue

HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello, we have the Designjet 800 (C7779B) Plotter with a '05:10' error. This relates the the GL2 formatter card I believe.

I have performed such methods as (to no avail):

- Reseated card

- Swapped the card into the spare port

- Reseated RAM module

- Tried without the formatter and followed the onscreen troubleshooting steps

Also the error '61:05' appears when trying a test print - flushing rest of job.

What function does the formatter perform?

I will try USB connection and not network cable and see if that works later today.

Is it worth changing the RAM module?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Bps16
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anybody got some tips on this?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's a couple places to look for the 61:05 error:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03146392

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpj06752

Have you made any recent changes to the printer prior to getting the two errors?  Any firmware updates or hardware changes?

I'm sure there's more info right here on the board.  Maybe do a search, if you haven't already, for the 500 formatter board and see what comes up.

Bps16
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I'll check out those links.

I did recently replace the Black Print Head that was sucessfull for a week or so then with no noticable issue or changes this fault appeared - locking down the use of the printer.

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Error 05:10 reffers to GL2 Card.

Confirm if the Control panel shows - ERROR 05:10 or WARNING 05:10

If it is Warining 05:10 - the GL2 card can be tried reseating , if it is Error 05:10 then the Card might have failed.

At the back there are two similar slots  - one for Network card and other for GL2, try inserting the GL2 card in the N/w card slot to check, it also could be a slot issue on the main pca.

If the panel still shows 05:10 Error - then the GL2 card needs repalcement.

Part number :  C7779-69272 HP-GL/2 formatter PC board            DSJ 800

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

DJ_Exprt
Level 2
Level 2
29 29 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Valued HP Customer,

Warning 05:10 is related to issue with formatter with GL2 Card. As stated by you if reseating the formatter with GL2 card has not resolved the issue, then the part needs to be replaced.

Regarding printer showing 61:05 when you try to print, this is because the GL2 card is bad and you are using GL2 printer driver to send print jobs. Since the GL2 card is bad, printer is not able to process the GL2 commands sent by GL2 printer driver.

Till you replace the formatter with GL2 card, please do not send prints jobs using GL2 printer driver. Please use HP Designjet 800 RTL/PCL printer driver or you may also install and use HP DesignJet 500 PCL driver using the link below.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation