cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
PrinterBug
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Designjet 800 colour problem with red in photographs

HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is fitted with a roll of plain non glossy white paper.  Basic colour wheel printed from internet looks accurate, red is perhaps slightly orangy but I understand that can be to do with monitor colours and true representations.  All test prints print out all CMYK correctly.  If I print out a landscape picture the colours are perhaps slightly washed out but comparable with my hp all in one and only slightly less vivid than a samsung toner printer. 

However if you print a photograph with red in it, the whole photo looks wrong like the colour balance is completly off.  Its like ive been using an instagram filter and changed the balances.  The red areas of the photo are shadowy looking and the blue items in the photo are purple.  

I have played around with various photos with red all to the same effect.  I have tried higher resolutions and lower resolutions.  I have also tried various combinations of the settings on the printer and print dialogue box.  I have also tried to print the photos from a windows xp machine.  All results in the same problem.

Any help welcome

2 REPLIES 2
cyun
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

were you using a glossy paper or non-glossy paper for the photo printing? the problem seems appears after you changed to print photo. You can try some steps below to see if it helps.

These are the areas you should review when troubleshooting a color accuracy problem:
  • Paper
  • Color consistency problems
  • Long-term color bleeding (glossy paper)
  • Color accuracy configuration
  • Additional color accuracy information
Paper
Ensure that the paper loaded is genuine HP paper and that the correct paper type is selected on the front panel and in the driver.
Color consistency problems
  • Some paper may discolor or change with age. Check that your paper is fresh and has been stored correctly.
  • If the environmental conditions you are printing in change rapidly, you may see changes in the color consistency. By reducing the time the print stays in extreme environmental conditions after being printed (especially very high humidity) you can reduce the color consistency problems.
  • There may be color changes between images printed on your printer and other types of HP Designjet printers. This is quite normal because the other printers use different inks.
Long-term color bleeding (glossy paper)
High ambient humidity at your location could cause the colors to bleed into the paper making the lines fuzzy and bleary.
  • Change the paper that you are printing with or remove the printer from the high humidity conditions.
Color accuracy configuration
The configurations of the printer defines how ink is applied to each type of paper. Use the information in the following table to configure your printer and software for best color accuracy.
Location of setting
Setting description
Selection
Ink menu
Color Calibration > Calibrate Paper
Set to match the paper type loaded in the printer.
Additional color accuracy information
The means of accurately managing the colors printed by your printer vary with the software application and driver being used. Refer to the following documentation:
  • On-line documentation in the drivers shipped with your printer.
  • If you cannot find any reason for the discrepancy, before getting help, find out for which CMYK printer inks the colors have been specified

If the problem persist, you may think of changing the printhead or ink cartridge to test out if you have a spare one.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sajjan747
Level 1
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : COLOURS NOT PRINTING CORRECTLY

Problem Description:COLOURS NOT PRINTING CORRECTLY

The possible cause could be: PRINT HEAD OVER USED

Corrective Action: PRINT INFORMATION PAGE OF PLOTTER - SELECT SETUP MENU >INFORMATION>PRINT

CHECKED FOR PH USAGE  IF ABOVE 100% REPLACE , DO PH ALIGNMENT AND CHECK

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation