Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T1100 44in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Designjet T1100 will suddenly only print drawings in portrait orientation. This just started this morning - my company's IT people (an outside company, not internal employees) upgraded us to a new server and so had to migrate our printers to it, and my Designjet was migrated yesterday. I'm running AutoCAD LT 2020 on a Windows 10 (64-bit) desktop. It prints everything in portrait both through AutoCAD and also if I convert a drawing to a PDF and try to print from the Adobe Reader. This happens even if I set it to print to Fit, Shrink Oversized Pages, etc. and set every menu I can find to print to Landscape. As far as I know, everything is up to date and running the latest driver(s). Has anyone else run into this before? Is a fix already in place for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if more information is required about my computer just let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This looks like a driver related issue.

May be your device has no drivers for your PC's or Server's version of Windows and will not work properly.

I recommend you to ask the IT guys to install this Universal Printer Driver for HP DesignJet on server and make sure to enable all features available for your DesignJet

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04697923

Hope it helps!

HP Recommended

Also check the rotation setting under preferences, then layout tab. If set to avoid clipping change to auto rotate. Also make sure the roll you are printing on is the size it is supposed to be. Have seen multiple cases recently where a 36" roll of media acually reads 35.75" and the printer would always print Arch D jobs portrait no matter what because the roll was not 36".

HP Recommended

Thanks, AbrahamB. I've let my IT people know to check for this when they start looking into it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Semaphore. I did actually notice that the plotter was indicating the paper roll was 16.99" wide and not the full 17" that it should have been, so I created a custom paper size at 16.99". Still printing portrait only.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.