Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Have a Designjet T1100 says faulty G ink cartridge. Replaced ink cartridge with two brand new ones but still the same.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @Gil9,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your Designjet T1100 is showing a faulty G ink cartridge message, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.

• Check the cartridge: First, remove the G ink cartridge and inspect it for any damage or leaks. Make sure the contacts on the cartridge are clean and free of debris.
  • Clean the contacts: If the contacts are dirty, use a lint-free cloth or cotton swab to gently clean them. Be sure to wipe away any debris or ink residue.
  • Reset the printer: Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source. Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on. This can help reset the printer and clear any error messages.
  • Replace the cartridge: If the above steps don't work, try replacing the faulty G ink cartridge with a new one. Make sure it's a genuine HP cartridge and that it's properly installed. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes,  tried two new  HP OEM cartridges. Did the power off and then on troubleshooting technique also.  Yes  both the cartridge and the printer contacts  are  clean.  Not sure what to try  next. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Gil9,

Thank you for your response, 

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

is the replacement G cartridge a 72b?

HP Recommended

Yes it is. Do you  know which sensor triggers this error code?

HP Recommended

It is  Q6688A. Do you know which sensor triggers this error code?

HP Recommended

You will have to update the printers firmware (if available) for it to accept the B versions of the cartridges

HP Recommended

I've checked the HP website for firmware  updates.. there isn't any available.

HP Recommended

What firmware release are you currently running? I have some archived firmware and might have a newer one.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.