cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
13bpm
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Designjet T120 multi-sheet feeder problem A3

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have Windows 7 64bit and using only USB connection.
I've got problem with multi-sheet feeder A3 format printing. Only A3.
I try to print (ctrl + p) and use standard options... printer "take" paper and stop. Information is displayed on the display:

"paper matching error, the file requires a printout in 297mm but the printer is currently using 261mm".

But currently using are RANDOM  DOMENSIONS ! sometimest view 235, 291, 248 etc. I have newest drivers but stil didn't work. Hard reset did not help either. I've never had an any problem with it before. I always use original ink, have good printhead calibrated. 

Some laser is dirty on printhead?
Win 7 problems?
Any idea?

Sorry for my english

5 REPLIES 5
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,354 6,337 755 1,063
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When a printer takes A3 paper does it stop immediately or it takes a few seconds to read paper width and stops?

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
13bpm
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Practically immediately... T120 takes paper A3 to the printing, printhead scan size (I hear move forward and backward) and stops with screen statement/communique. All took maybe 2-3 sec.

Sometimes prin A3 normal, sometimes it stops - this is random.

Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,354 6,337 755 1,063
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When carriage goes to read and measure paper width there is a light (orange or blue) that reads the paper. That light comes from line sensor, use tissue damped with warm water ( not too much )  and clean that sensor from the bottom. If the line sensor is dirty printer has strange behaviours.

You will probably need to unplug the power cord from printer when carriage is accessible to clean line sensor.

My profile on LinkedIn

13bpm
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sensor was clean. I washed him like on the YT movies (google: "hp t120 carriage line sensor").

I noticed a certain dependence... when paper is drawn for printing I open upper flap and see paper slightly bent/folded up. This is probably due to the vertical setting of the pages. I think standing on the feeder paper is "tiring" so it distorts... slightly. So when carriage move and scan size paper - SCRUBS - or somehing like that. You can hear unnatural moving sound.
The problem is over when I turn the page folded down... for now. I've printed several pages and its ok.

However it strange because there are many
longitudinal rollers. Maybe the kind of paper (cellulose fibers) is sucking?

We will see what happens next.

Thanks for help.

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

If you face like below error, please follow my instruction:

1.jpg

At first update the latest firmware through HP DesignJet Printer Utility.

Driver and Firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073

N.B: Firmware Rev. depands on your printer last digit on Part Number like: CQ890A/B/C

Once complete the firmware update, then try to settings like below (Just change the Paper Size):

Please choose your requirements wise paper size and follow like below setup.

a.jpg1st Partb.jpg2nd Part

Ensure also your mention paper size and physical paper are same.

If not solved, please open the A3/A4 size paper tray on the back side. In here one of sheet sensor in down side over the cap, just open and reset the positions and lets try.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation