cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
petergray8
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Designjet T520 36" showing green error screen with "12345" on display

HP Recommended
Designjet T520 36"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My compant has just purchased a used HP Designjet T520 36" Plotter to replace an aging Designjet 750C+. Upon plugging the printer in at our office, the display begins to load and shows the HP logo for approximately 1.5 seconds, and then becomes unresponsive, and will only show a green screen with "12345" in the center with white letters. The printer was tested before leaving the previous company's premisis and worked flawlessly, including printing an HP plotter test sheet.

In this mode, the printer does not make any noise, the cairrage does not move, and opening any of the covers does not have any effect. The green LED on the Main PCA is on (steady), and when depressing the power button, there is an orange LED ring around it.

I've tried unplugging the printer and leaving it for upwards of 5 minutes multiple times, holding the power button, using new outlets / power cords, etc. and nothing is having an effect.

When I plug the plotter into a computer with the supplied USB cable, a generic usb device is recognized with the name "hp reflash". I've tried updating the firmware, but because the printer is not recognized as a printer I cannot upload the file to the printer.

Any help you can provide would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
marekloc
Level 1
5 5 1 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Send picture of this green screen . 

There was a solution for blue screen ..

Clients where replacing the encrypted chip 

you can get it here 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283036518435

$_1.gif

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
petergray8
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See below photo of the error screen:

GREEN SCREEN.png

petergray8
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I took the side cover off the printer today, and during bootup the LED on the USB firmware drive flashes blue for about 2-3 seconds during bootup. I didn't see anything else that may have been loose.

Is there any way to verify that the drive has gone bad before trying to buy another one?

petergray8
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ended up replacing the USB firmware chip, and that resolved the issue.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation