Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, wonder if you could help me please.

Our Designjet T520 printer was afflicted with the infamous blue screen problem.

I ordered a replacement chip off ebay, and fitted it.  No problem.  Printer put back together and starts up this time.

The bad news.....One of the screws is missing, and I think I have inadvertently dropped it into the feed mechanism.  Because when I try to feed the paper in off the roll, the printer doesn't accept it, and the paper crinkles at the area where I think the screw is.  Looking down at the top of the printer, it's like a line of plastic rollers, and I think the screw is sitting under one of these rollers.

I've downloaded the service manual, but I can't work out what this part is called, and how I remove it so I can retrieve the screw? I thought maybe it's the starwheel, but I think this is further on in the printer after the paper is gripped?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  That didn't work, but I was able to flip open the roll cover, reach down with a torx screwdriver and undo 4 bolts which released the paper feed guide.  I was then able to remove this from the printer and locate the screw.  Reassembled and it's working great now!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Use a sheet of heavier paper and try to move the screw by pushing a sheet of paper under rollers from front to back ( opposite of the normal paper path direction ). Like flossing teeth, maybe you will be able to push the screw back sou ut can be easily removed.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  That didn't work, but I was able to flip open the roll cover, reach down with a torx screwdriver and undo 4 bolts which released the paper feed guide.  I was then able to remove this from the printer and locate the screw.  Reassembled and it's working great now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.