Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, our HP Designjet shows error code on blue screen, its D000DEAD.

What should i do to fix that?

Thank you for your fast reply,

Pavel J.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Try the instructions in this thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/HP-OfficeJet-8022-displays-...

It's for another printer but HP seems to have this error code cover a lot of their printers.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Still DEAD 😞

HP Recommended

Have you tried any other testing on it?  Does the error come on the screen instantly or does it boot up to "ready" first and then display the error?

Maybe you could list the exact sequence of events to better trouble shoot for you.

HP Recommended

Error come right after boot, there is no time to do anything. Only BACK and HOME light buttons are on, but with no response.

HP Recommended

Ok, that helps.

Turn off and unplug the printer and remove all the consumables; ink cartridges and printhead and paper.  Then plug in and try rebooting and see if it changes anything.  Always want to rule out the consumables first.

I've looked for that error on google and not much help yet.

Let us know what happens.

HP Recommended

Also, how is the printer connected to your computer?  USB or ethernet cable or wireless?

HP Recommended

Printhead is blocked, i cant reach inks to get them out.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't understand.  Can you post up a picture that shows how the "printhead is blocked" please?  The ink cartridges should be under a cover on the top of the printer.  If you have a manual, take a look at how to replace the inks and the printhead.

HP Recommended

If you want to get access to printhead, it must get in position automatically. I open a cover and printhead with ink cartridge is  in right side of a printer and nothing happen.  Simply it does not come to ink change position.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.