Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

On this trouble maker printer, I still have very tiny ink marks , much much smaller than before. I trace

the problem from the loose trailing cable. when carriage box moves to left & made  noice

(  the upper cable hits the lower cable, due to little too long & high. the trailing cables go thru

the center plastic bracket seem litle too loose)

I might have to buy a new genuine cable with plastic bracket for $45 on Ebay, or I can take one from my

other broken Z3100 24". This will take time & I  wait till weekend.

Check yours & let me know...

HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

I replaced the trailing cables and the fixed the issue.  Thanks for the heads up!

HP Recommended

Someone fixed this printer without luck... so I bought it cheap with 2 new extra printheads & inks. 

Then I spend lots of time   could not fix. no matter how I did & ink marks still remain.   so I gave it up & stored it in a corner inside my warehouse.

Then recently I took it out & tried again.. this time I success & printed out beautiful posters, see photos below.

( just here, I have HP I7 laptop with broken screen, Z2100 24",     behid Z3200 44"  , far right   Z3100 44", behind

DJ500 42" )

The problem might be vibration from moving trailing cable, because there was some little  space by the center of trailing cable inside the retanglar plastic, so when carriage box move to left & cause some extra length of cable & the upper cable hit the lower case & made some unacceptable noice which might affect the carriage box function, this was the time ink marks appeared on paper  )

The way I fixed the problem, I remove the trailing center plastic piece, I cut a small, same size of carboard , inserted it

between trailing cable & the plastic retangular shape, taped 2 round. Inserted it back & screwed. very secure & now

when carriage box moves to left & no loud sound & very smooth with faint normal sound.

Finally this problem fixed after more than 2 years... I am happy & learned another lesson.

IMG_20180624_192609.jpgIMG_20180624_192630.jpgIMG_20180624_192637.jpgIMG_20180624_192810.jpgIMG_20180625_091434.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.