Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet z2100
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I do all my designs in Adobe Illustrator, which allows me to size everything to the exact measurements I need them to be. For years, I would print and everything would automatically come out exactly how I intended. If I needed a circle to be 12 inches wide, it printed 12 inches wide. Now, for no discernible reason, everything I print is just a little bit bigger. For example, an 11 inch rectangle is now printing 11 3/16". It may not seem like much to you, but it's a huge issue for me. And I can't just size down the image by 3/16", because it would still be off by a bit. I would have to figure out the exact percentage of the size increase for every single file I print and resize the original accordingly.

I've tried adjusting the settings, but nothing seems to make a difference. The "Margins/Layout" settings give options to print with slight magnification to avoid white margins, but  I of course choose against this option every time. And still, it magnifies my image. I also have a Designjet Z3200, and it's doing the same thing. If anyone has any ideas how I can get my printers to print true to size, it would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This may be a stupid question, but has anything changed/updated with your hardware or Application?

You may try reloading the Print Drivers to see if it corrects.

That's All I have, sorry.

Good Luck,

ROy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.