cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dogbert-hero
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Designjet Z2600: Paper Unloading at rest

HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z2600
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have a 24" wide format photo printer (Z2600) that has an issue when it remains idle for an extended period of time (e.g. overnight). 

When at rest, the roll of paper will automatically unload. It appears that when the machine goes into a power saving mode, it rewinds the paper roll a small amount, forcing the roll to unload by itself. I have been unable to find any setting on the printer that disabled this 'feature'. 

When a user wishes to use the photo printer after it sits idle, the paper roll will have to be loaded once again - if it remains in use, the printer works like a charm! 

Any suggestions on how I can stop this behaviour?  

1 REPLY 1
dogbert-hero
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bumping message - it's been about six weeks since I originally posted this, but this issue is still occuring. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation