cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Designjet Z3100 44" Q6659A. error 48:00

HP Recommended

I am fixing this printer for over 3 weeks now & it kept show different error codes & driving me nuts.

I bought this printer from a Miami recycle  store & delived to my door. before I touch this printerit had ink missing problem,  then belt was horribly bad.  inks dropping to floor..no error, I was able to print a diagnostic image & identify
the missing inks..7 colors were missing.....

So I complete clean the whole printer &   inks, ink  marks & used an injector to suck out all airs....all

were super nice clean . Then I replaced the belt.

then when I started it & got 86:01 error, paper jam... no paper loaded & alone without any connection to PC.

I got stuck for 2 weeks & could not pass this error, I swapped out 2 formatter boards & print mech board.

same old, same old.

Yesterday morning I checked the trailing cables to the mainboard & found #1 cable, the third pin was up tiny

& I flatten it & inserted onto mainboard.

Power up & it past 86:01 & went few more seconds longer, then when service station tried to move to left &

It shown  48:00   error.... no matter how I did, ajust belt tentions... clean silver rod, encorder strip, lubrication etc

etc, whatever I could think might woth to try....    same old , same old.

I searched this board & found one topic related to this problem & David mentioned the scan axis motor check

on service mode.

So I did a test on scan axis & almost to the end :

moving prs to high  >>>>  error 48:00 came right up .

what does it mean ?   scan axis motor bad ??    all were perfect till I changed the belt....

Thanks in advance for your kind help.....

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Author
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Haha, I solved this problem myself...

I replaced the scan axis motor with another one  ( I took it from an old junk 24" Z3100 ) 

& now printer past the previous error 86:01    48:00..  now it prompting me for inks & printheads........

if you ever encounter these errors.... try above.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation