Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
standalone

Few years back, I started to repair the Designjet Z2100, Z3100, Z3200 & been troubled by the failures in

color calibration & printhead alignments. 

Finally I figured out an easy way to solve the problems.

Yesterday I repaired a Z3100 44"  with new belt & inks & started to align printheads.

It failed about 20%, Cancelled, due to scan error.

I saw some colors were missing. So I replaced LM/LC & MK/R... still failed. See picture #1.

Then I printed a diagnostic print from my other working Z3100 &  printed same from the failed

Z3100 & compare them. It indicated the pK missing color.  see photo #2.

So I replaced the PK/LG  printhead & perform printhead alignment.   100% successful & also

100% color calibration successful     see photo #3.

I added the good print out from my other Z3100. it even had name of colors. top  photogood.jpg

Hope my hints benefit some of the readers for the time to come.

Please post your own experience if you have, do not hind them.

Share & enrich each other's experiences & make this HP Designjet Forum more interesting.

This method can be used on other models, even other brands.

20170506_050502.jpg20170506_050512.jpg20170506_050519.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank yo for your answer. I did print a diagnostic print but instead of yellow, I get pure orange. The other colours are ok. I reinstalled the comp driver, too. No change.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.